Hey there! I'm Katy!
I am a born and raised Marylander, currently living in Johnson City, TN with my husband, Andrew. I'm a wedding and elopement photographer for adventurous couples and those who love the outdoors! I am also a graphic designer/photographer for my husband's record label, Gold Ship Records and custom drum company, Abide Drum Co. I'm a proud co-leader of our local Tri-Cities, TN Chapter of Tuesdays Together, and a member of the Rising Tide Society.
I'm a coffee addict and Old Bay lover. Iced hazelnut lattes and crabs are my jam (just not together)! I put my heart and soul into my BFA in Photography and Digital Imaging at Virginia Intermont College. The magic of film and smell of developer & fixer still has a special place in my heart. When I'm not shooting, you can usually find me on the water in my kayak, hiking and relaxing in my ENO, or sitting on our porch with a glass of wine listening to Americana music. I wear Chacos year-round (even if my poor toes start to freeze), and will absolutely wear them to your wedding or session!
"If the sight of the blue skies fills you with joy, if a blade of grass springing up in the fields has a power to move you, if the simple things of nature have a message that you understand, rejoice, for your soul is alive." -- Eleonora Duse
I love collecting coordinates, as odd as that sounds. I love going places- summits, outcroppings, landmarks- and keeping their coordinates in my bank of memories.
Some of my favorite coordinates & places:
- 39° 33' 29" N / 77° 35' 55" W - Annapolis Rocks on the AT, Boonsboro, MD
- 36° 1' 19" N / 75° 39' 35" W - The beach, Kill Devil Hills, NC
- 36° 6' 24" N / 82° 6' 13" W - Round Bald, Roan Mountain, TN
- 36° 39' 35" N / 81° 32' 40" W - Mount Rogers, Mouth of Wilson, VA
My hiking bucket list:
- McAfee Knob, Roanoke, Virginia
- Craggy Gardens, Asheville, North Carolina
- Graveyard Fields, Asheville, North Carolina
- Angel's Landing, Zion NP, Utah
- Springer Mtn/Amicalola Falls, Amicalola, Georgia