Well, ya'll- the first wedding of 2018 is officially on the books and oh boy, did we start off with a bang! As you all may remember from their engagement blog, Kayla and Aaron are a special couple that are close to my heart. Kayla happens to be my husband's cousin, and it has been so wonderful to get to know her and her family and to be a part of her and Aaron's story. You can definitely say that I've been blessed with amazing in-laws! We met up last Fall for their engagement session (you can see it here) and began the countdown to April- when they would finally become husband and wife!
Kayla and Aaron were married on a beautiful Spring day in April at the Millstone! The week prior had been pretty chilly, for Winter kept lingering and bringing us colder temperatures. Luckily, the sun came out and warmed us all on their wedding day! I arrived in the morning with my sister-in-law, Rachel, to take photos of Kayla's dress, rose gold details, and the ladies getting ready. The bridesmaids had been buzzing about, helping with last minute decorations and starting the getting ready process! After lunch, Kayla put on her gorgeous, ivory and lace, Maggie Sottero gown and was ready for the first look. We then headed out to the lawn to meet Aaron, where she would see her husband-to-be for the first time.
After the first look and photos with the bridal party, guests and family members started to arrive! I was so excited that this was a family affair-- my husband ran sound during the ceremony/reception, my father-in-law was the officiant, Amy (Kayla's family friend) helped coordinate, and Amy's daughter did Kayla's makeup (not to mention the family members in the bridal party)! It's not too often that you get to work with family and make those memories together. Guests took their seats and Kayla walked down the aisle with her dad, Bud. To be honest, I had to hold back some tears from behind my camera. The two said, "I do," and kissed as husband and wife under the branch arbor! We then headed to the reception for delicious barbecue and cake to celebrate the newlyweds!
Kayla and Aaron-- congratulations, you two! Thank you for asking me to be a part of your beautiful day. We're all so happy for you! Welcome to the family, Aaron!
Also- big thanks to Danielle (Danielle Defayette Photography) for second shooting with me!
Huge thanks to all of Kayla & Aaron's vendors who made their day amazing!
- Second shooter: Danielle Defayette Smith, Danielle Defayette Photography
- Venue: The Millstone, Limestone, TN
- Wedding Coordinator: Amy Patterson, family friend of the couple
- Officiant: Greg Sergent, uncle of the bride
- Hair: Meghan Ennis, Allure Salon, Kingsport, TN
- Make-Up: Lauren Patterson, friend of the bride
- Bride's Gown: Maggie Sottero, Annie's Room, Kingsport, TN
- Bridesmaid's Dresses: Weddington Way
- Groom's Attire: Men's Wearhouse
- Groomsmen's Suits: Men's Wearhouse
- Bride's Rings: Diamond Exchange, Kingsport, TN
- Groom's Ring: Stoberi
- Florals: Susan Liles, Susan Liles Floral Design, Johnson City, TN
- Catering: Braedens Barbecue, Kingsport, TN
- Cake & Cupcakes: Petite Sweets, Johnson City, TN