Bethany and Matt are married!
If you've seen some of my previous blogs, you guys may recognize Bethany's name! She is a friend and fellow wedding photographer (check out her gorgeous work) who has shot a few weddings with me in the past! We first met back in college in the photography program, and soon became close friends, as we both loved bluegrass and contra dancing!
Speaking of contra dancing, that's how these two met! Matt happened to attend a dance where Bethany would go frequently. He was a beginner and Bethany thought he was cute, so she decided to show him the ropes and they've been together since! Years later, they went on a mini-vacation to the Outer Banks in North Carolina. One of their favorite things to do together is to fly kites, so they decided to go to Jockey's Ridge where the sand dunes are amazing and perfect for flying. Matt had hand-sewn a very special addition to their kite collection, one that said, "Marry me?" When Bethany saw the new addition she said she "squeaked out" a happily surprised "yes!"
We started off the wedding day at the gorgeous Sheraton Suites in Old Town Alexandria, where Bethany and her bridesmaids started the getting ready process. Bethany had picked out a different gemstone color for each girl, creating a stunning fall color scheme! Bethany had lost her voice from the night before, but luckily, her bridesmaids came to the rescue and picked up some Zarbees tea and made sure Bethany kept chugging it! While the gals were getting ready, Bethany received her wedding gift from Matt- an awesome new keyboard for her Mac with incredibly clicky buttons. We all teared up when we saw the front of the card, which read, "You are my happy."
From there, we drove to the beautiful Mount Airy Mansion where the sun came out and warmed the air, making for a perfect wedding day. Bethany's voice magically returned (now we all swear by Zarbees!), so she hopped into her dress (which was so gorgeous and super soft) and headed out for the first look to meet Matt under a huge, beautiful, tree. One of my favorite moments of the day was during their ceremony, when Matt and Bethany played a game of Rock, Paper, Scissors to see who would say their vows first! I loved that they added this in to reflect both of their quirky personalities! We rounded out the evening with drinking homemade wine with friends, eating amazing barbecue and of course, lots of dancing! Matt attended West Virginia University, so of course, 'Take Me Home, Country Roads' by John Denver was played and I couldn't help but sing and dance along!
Matt and Bethany - thank you oh so much for inviting me to be a part of your special day! It was truly an honor to capture and celebrate your big day! Andrew and I are oh so happy for you two!
Also, big thanks to Amber (Amber Corryn Photography) for second shooting and all of her hard work on Matt and Bethany's day!
Thanks to all of Matt and Bethany's vendors who made their day the best!
- Second Shooter: Amber, Amber Corryn Photography
- Venue: Mount Airy Mansion, Upper Marlboro, Maryland
- Day-Of Coordinators: Amanda & Dianna McGrew (friends of bride and groom)
- Officiant: Dan Stepner (friend of groom)
- Hair Stylist: Kathryne Sexton, Carter Hair Design , Fredericksburg, VA
- Make-up Artist: Lesley Hyer, Hyer Beauty
- Bride's Gown: La Sposa (designer), I Do I Do Wedding Gowns, Gaithersburg, MD
- Groom's Suit: Hugo Boss, Tyson's Corner, MD
- Bridesmaid Dresses: David's Bridal
- Groomsmen Attire: Miscellaneous suits already owned
- Bride's Rings: Annapolis Jewelers & Precious Metals, Annapolis, MD
- Groom's Ring: Larson Jewelers
- Florals: DIY bouquets made from the bride & bridesmaids
- Catering: Mission BBQ
- Cake: Kupcakes & Co, Ellicott City, MD
- Cupcakes: Kupcakes & Co, and Sweet Thing Black Orchid, Waldorf, MD
- DJ/Entertainment: Ross Anderson, Bela Sono Music, Fairfax, VA
- Invitation Design: VineWedding, Etsy Shop