This Summer, I had the opportunity of not only photographing one family wedding, but TWO! My cousin Wayne's fiance, Laken, had messaged me about a year ago asking me to be their photographer and of course, I jumped with joy! Our family has known Laken for a long time and were ecstatic when they got engaged!
Laken and Wayne said their "I Do's" on possibly the hottest day this year (and possibly the hottest in my life), but that didn't stop them from having a beautiful day! The weather forecast said it was 99°, but felt like 115°, and boy were they right! Despite the heat, family and friends gathered at the Lodges at Gettysburg celebrated lakeside with Waynie and Laken. After the rings were exchanged and the vows were read, everyone headed to the reception all for dinner, drinks and dancing.
I must admit, I learned something new about my cousin that day- he may be kind of shy in front of the camera, but he is not shy on the dance floor! Before I knew it, Waynie and his groomsmen were breaking down to the Booty Call.
Laken & Waynie- you guys are truly two peas in a pod. I am so happy that you two found each other! My cousin couldn't have picked a more beautiful and caring woman to share life with. Thank you for asking me to take part in your special day- it was truly an honor! Welcome to the family, Laken!
Also, huge thanks to Bethany of Bethany Grace Photography for being my awesome, kick-butt, second shooter!
I couldn't help but add these two photos of me and my mom dancing to the Wobble! You just never know when I'll bust out the moves (especially around family)!
Huge thanks to all of Laken & Wayne's vendors who made the day beautiful!
- Second Shooter: Bethany Sanford, Bethany Grace Photography, King George, VA
- Venue: The Lodges at Gettysburg, Gettysburg, PA
- Event Coordinator: Beth Senseney (Lodges at Gettysburg)
- Officiant: Sandy Freeman
- Hair Styist: Erin Kissinger - Lavender Hair Salon, Chambersburg, PA
- Dress Designer & Boutique: Mori Lee, J&B Bridals and Tuxedos, Chambersburg, PA
- Bridesmaids' Attire: David's Bridal
- Groom's Attire: J&B Bridals and Tuxedos, Chambersburg, PA
- Florist: Hope Valley Gardens, Greencastle, PA
- Catering: Carriage House Inn, Emmitsburg, MD
- Cake & Desserts: Stone House Cakery & Cafe, Taneytown, MD
- DJ: Eric Piper, ELP Entertainment, Waynesboro, PA